January 08, 2013

A Great Teacher Gift!

Recently I was helping out at my kids school and was approached by another parent in my daughter's class.  Since I am co-home room mom, the parent asked me about getting a gift for my daughter's teacher who is going on maternity leave. 
 
 The mom came up with a great idea!  She thought of getting a story book for the kids to sign and maybe having each student bring in a book from home, that they loved to read when they were tiny, to give to the teacher as a gift. 

I thought the idea was unique and personal.  I think this gift idea will work great even if your child's teacher is not pregnant.  It can work as a Christmas Gift, Teacher Appreciation Day, or and end of the year gift. 

Here is the book I chose to give from the whole class...

 
 
A couple of my favorite stories in this book are If You Give a Mouse a Cookie and Goodnight Moon.

The other book I got is one I used to read to my daughter until she was big enough to read it out loud with strong exageration on the words "ALL BY MYSELF."  Maybe cause she was Miss. Independent since she was teeny wheeny ;-)



 
I am taking the book in for all the kids to sign in the morning.  I just found out that my daughter's teacher went into labor yesterday,  so looks like another teacher will be delivering her new little library to her home!

Have a great Tuesday!


For information on my on-line design services, please click here.
For on-site design services {Virginia}, please email seasideinteriors01@gmail.com for pricing and availability.
Seaside Interiors

0 comments:

Post a Comment