February 21, 2013

The Debate of Navy Blue!

I mentioned that I am really excited and really nervous about painting my kids bathroom unit.  I think the nervousness comes from the fact that the house is just two years old and I don't want to mess up that newness feel.  Probably because we want to paint the kitchen cabinets white with maybe a darker island and we also want to open up walls and put in transom windows over doorways. 
 
Ok, so after reading what I just wrote, I guess the newness feeling will be gone soon enough ;-)
 
BUT in its place will be a home that suits our every need and comfort and when someone walks I hope they will get a sense of who we are just by looking around.
 
The Navy Blue's I have been comparing are:
 
 Naval By Sherwin Williams 
 
 
Refuge By Sherwin Williams
 
 
Commodore By Sherwin Williams
 
 
I am debating between Naval and Commodore.  Naval is a deeper navy than Commodore, but with the bathroom being a bit darker, maybe I should go a little lighter with Commodore.  Do you prefer one over the others? 
 
Well, I am off to work on my baked goods for the Bridal Shower this weekend and finish up a few loose ends for the kids bathroom!
 
 
If you enjoyed this post and don't want to miss out ;-) click up top there on the right and follow along!
 
 
For information on my on-line design services, please click here.
 
 
For on-site design services {Greater Hampton Roads and Richmond Virginia}, please email seasideinteriors01@gmail.com for pricing and availability.
 
Seaside Interiors

9 comments:

  1. Im a fan of Hale Navy, by Benjamin Moore, but its quite dark.
    I think I like Commodore the best here. Its a true navy to my eye

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think the Commodore would like nice. I am excited to how the bathroom turns out! :)

    Julie

    ReplyDelete
  3. My preference would be Commodore for the reason you have given.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks guys for taking the time to weigh in on the navy options! I appreciate all your feedback :0)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Helen! I think Commodore has to be my favorite too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Navy is my 'go-to' color. Literally everything goes it - red, yellow, green, you name it and navy compliments it. Great choice! -- Jan

    ReplyDelete
  7. You are so right!! It is such a versatile color. I can't wait to incorporate it in my home!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Check out Newburyport Blue at Benjamin Moore. I used it to paint my sons furniture and love the color. It looks very much like the Commodore. I can't wait to see how the bathroom turns out. I'm already making plans to do something very similar to my sons bathroom!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, I will check it out :)
      Here is the link to see the bathroom reveal: http://abritofhappiness.blogspot.com/2013/07/kids-nautical-bathroom-reveal.html
      Hope you like it!!

      Delete