May 08, 2013

Beachy Living Room with grays and orange!!!

Are you ready for a little beach vacation?  I know I am.  Although I can't take one right now ;-), I figured I could live vicariously through a Beachy Design Board that I created for two clients who are ready to feel like they are on vacation without having to leave their house.

Gabby and Brandon love the feel of the coastal and beachy style!  So, I created a Design Board that allowed them to have some of the feelings of the beach in the comfort of their own home.


 It is amazing to me what a color can do for a neutral pallet!  It would still be relaxing and soft with the grays and tans, but the orange just brings it to life.

SOURCE LIST
Coffee Table -World Market
Lamp Base  -Target
Lamp Shade -Target
Sofa -Ikea
Bookshelf -Target
Coral -Target
Orange Pillow -Crate and Barrel
Frame -Ikea
Curtains - Ikea
Turquoise Glass Vase -Home Decorators
Nautical Knot Door Stop -Catalog Favorites

Here are a couple pics of the room BEFORE...

I didn't get great shots of the room when I was there, but I got a couple just to share with you the room before they start transitioning it.  Just off to the right is the fireplace and then a shorter blank wall to the right.



On this back wall, since they are young newly weds, I recommended that my clients create a gallery wall of black and white wedding photos.  When I met with them and we looked through some of the items they had collected, I noticed that they had some beautiful photos from their wedding.  I just thought they needed to be displayed instead of kept in an album :)


I left the room with an open flow and brought in an L shaped sofa to give as much seating as possible.  Above the console table is where I suggested they put the picture gallery.  Then they can bring in lamps to flank either end of the console table...

Threshold Wire Cage Lamp with CFL - Clear/Black
I love the mix of metal and glass!  It just looks like bubbles trying to escape to me.


My favorite piece in the room is the coffee table...



I LOVE it!!!  Again, a really cool mix of metal and wood.  I really like the finish on the table too!

I received word back yesterday that they love it and thought it was beautiful.  That means a lot!  Thanks guys :)  

If you or anyone you know would like a Design Board Package created for them, please contact me at seasideinteriors01@gmail.com
  

If you refer someone and they book a Design Board Package with me, then you will receive a $25 VISA gift card!!!

Tomorrow I get the opportunity to guest post at House of Turquoise, so drop back in ;-)

Linking Up To:

15 comments:

  1. Would love to see the finished room. My den is grey with some orange. I never thought of those colours for a beachy look. The Walmart lamps are very nice.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope to be able to share those when my client's are all done with the transformation. :)
      Gray and orange is such a great color combo!

      Delete
  2. I just love your style! Can't wait to see that room all done!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks again CJ! I am excited to see it how it turns out for them!! I think their fav. piece was the coffee table. They said it was a must have ;-)

      Delete
  3. what a fun relaxing room! i love that charcoal sofa!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think it is a great color when you have pets and/or kids running around. This one is from Ikea and is washable. Thanks for stopping in Carissa ;-)

      Delete
  4. i think the coffee table is the best part too! i love it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Helen, I'd love to see the "after" pics too. You've given me some great ideas to add color to my charcoal sofa.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think that we are heading towards a charcoal sofa for the family room. The white one with two kiddos and a dog is crazy, lol.

      Delete
  6. I like the pop of orange - I think it will contrast nice against the gray! And I'm biased since I have orange in my living room ;) And the lamp is perfect!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahh, so you have a love connection to the orange! SO should everyone ;-) It is such a fun color.

      Delete
  7. I really like the gray and orange combo! It's not often you see this in decor. You've picked some great items that coordinate very nicely! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Amei conhecer o seu blog,achei linda a cortina,maravilhavilhosa!!!Me visite:http://algodaotaodoce.blogspot.com.br/
    Siga-me e pegue o meu selinho!!!

    Obrigada.

    Beijos Marie.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I would love to see the room come together. I love the pop of orange too, but my favorite for sure is the lamps. Love Target!

    ReplyDelete