February 09, 2013

Kids Coastal Bathroom Design Board

I hope you guys are having a great Saturday!  I just wanted to share a quick post for our kids bathroom.  I have been working this week on purchasing items and putting together the design board.  We are getting started next week.  I can barely stand it!  I just want to see something get torn down. 
 
 
I will share much more this coming week.  We are getting ready to head out the door to purchase a few more items for the bathroom and the paint for my mom's house since we are starting over there next week too.  I showed my mum the design board for bathroom and she really liked the color I chose for the walls which is Repose Gray by Sherwin Williams.  So, we talked it over and decided to also go with Repose Gray for my parent's house too.
 
Here is the design I came up with for the bathroom...
 
 
I really love the look of Navy and White with a fun accent color.  I think the kids really like it, so that's a plus.  :0)  Do you think this would be a bathroom your kids would enjoy? 

Source List

http://www.westelm.com/products/stripe-shower-curtain-b566/
http://shabbynest.blogspot.com/2012/04/navy-and-white-bathroom-reveal.html
http://beckdesignblog.blogspot.com/2011/07/blakes-bath.html
http://www.lowes.com/ProductDisplay?partNumber=400571-18573-LW12270132DS&langId=-1&storeId=10151&productId=3700094&catalogId=10051&cmRelshp=req&rel=nofollow&cId=PDIO1
http://www.art.com/products/p14527666663-sa-i6755255/rodney-white-aren-t-you-crafty.htm?sorig=cat&sorigid=0&ui=A7D107C297A643D59C5C2F624B8FA29F


Since the redecorating starts at my parent's house on Monday, we are trying to work our own renovations in between.  So, we have Wednesday the 13th as the beginning stage of work on the kids bathroom.
 
Plans for the bathroom
 
Board and Batten wall treatment
Painting the Cabinet a Navy Blue Color
Adding bead board treatment on the ceiling
Bringing the Tile up the rest of the wall in the shower area
Installing shelving behind toilet
Installing two new coastal style lights above sinks
Installing one inset light in the shower area (It's kinda dark in there)
Installing Slate Tile floor or a different tile (I am still in debates over this)
Adding artwork and accessories
Adding hooks to board and batten
 
Getting a big glass of wine when it's all done and hang out in the bathroom admiring it, since the rest of the house is not quite finished ;-)
 
If you enjoyed this post and don't want to miss out ;-) click up top there on the right and follow along!
 
 
For information on my on-line design services, please click here.
 
 
For on-site design services {Greater Hampton Roads and Richmond Virginia}, please email seasideinteriors01@gmail.com for pricing and availability.
 
Seaside Interiors

Linking to:

 

7 comments:

  1. Love it! Can't wait to see you pull it together!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just love these colors. We are also building a Ravenna and I have thought about painting the bathroom cabinets upstairs already. I am afraid! Love the look- nice job!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Congrats on getting your Ravena! It's so exciting!! I am a little nervous about painting the cabinet too. the first brush stroke will be the worst, lol.

      Delete
  3. I'm a big fan of navy/white combinations as well as anything nautical. I love your choices for the bathroom!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete