July 18, 2012

Homerama: Part 2

I hope you liked the photos I posted in Homerama: Part 1.  If you didn't get a chance to see them, you can go here.   I had mentioned to you that I had some more great photos that I wanted to share with you.  So, as promised, here they are.

This room was a sitting room in one of the homes.  It was located on the second floor, just off the stairway.  I really liked the feel of this house.  The colors and combinations where very relaxing the way they were put together. 


The little girl's princess room had a few great things.  This closet door for one!  Created from two plain doors carved on the bottom and wooden scroll work for the top was a really creative idea. 



And I love the idea of adding a tutu to an accent table! 


I don't know if you can see to the right, but the headboard wall was painted with chalkboard paint.  I wish I could have gotten a few more photos of this room, but there were so many people walking around.  Not to mention, someone other than a child must have sat or laid on the bed because one end of the bed was collapsed ;)

The boys car themed room below has so many cool ideas!  I don't know if I would necessarily add them all in to one room, but it was sooo creative...


That's right, HEAD LIGHTS that turn on attached to a car grill on the front of a dresser.  So neat!  Then they finished with some pinstripes painted down the front of the dresser.  I like the idea of the mirror, but I think a larger sized mirror would have worked well with the silver mustang discs around it.


Another cute idea!  I like the silver lamp base and the white rectangle based shade that serves as a base for the adorable car trim!



COMPLETELY adore this tire tread metal frame or as my husband just told me it is called "Diamond Plate."  I call it how I see it, lol.  The enlarged antique car photo finishes it off nicely!



This is were the opportunity to do something different than a basic curtain tie back comes in to play.  One single headlight to hold the curtains back makes such a great statement!



This is such a creative way to bring a car's theme into a bedroom!  3 Car Rims with a piece of cut class for the top and you have a nightstand.



I am currently loving the color combo of navy, white, and red and I think the room below is great example of how to incorporate it in a beachy way without it being gaudy...






The red cabinet with the aged metal stool works really well together.


If you like more of a modern country feel, I think this room does the trick!

Look at the chunkiness of those placemats! 






My favorite style of furniture is currently the mix of wood and metal.  Like the dresser in the picture above and especially like the side table in the pic. below...


I want... I want... I want... My want for this table turns me into a two year with a nasty tantrum.  But have no fear, my budget would have a bigger tantrum if I purchased it ;-) 

You may notice tags on things in the photos I took.  Since we went on the last day, most things were for sale to purchase and take home.




I have an area in my crap room studio that I want to add one of these on either side of the walls.  Actually, now that I look at the picture below, the layout of this room is very much like mine.  The alcove and windows are all in the same place as mine too.  I want to add hinges though, so I can store things behind the shelving units.


I like the linen colored couches with soft green and yellow accents! 


There you are again MY FRIEND!  Did I mention it had the bent metal rivet edge look.  I'm sure there is a more correct name than the one I just came up with, but my husband hasn't looked at the screen and corrected me yet, so I am moving on, lol.




A very simple soft palette for a bedroom.





Here are some dining room areas that I liked along the tour...




I love this whole area!  I want to do something similar to this wall treatment with the white board and batten and sea grass wall paper in my front entry. 




What do you think of the bench added to the mix?  I think it adds dimension.  The chandelier is really pretty!  Don't ya think? 



OFF TO THE MUDROOMS...





 I love the painted beadboard on the back wall.  This picture is going in my mud room inspiration pics.  I love the different color ball hooks too!



Here are a few other things that I saw along the way that I would like to add in my house...


The Crawford  Ceilings.  These ones were very close to the ceiling, which I think makes them look a bit more modern and relaxed, which is the look I am going for.

We have already done the trim out on our morning room, which reminds me of the header on this doorway, but my goal is to eventually have all of the doors trimmed out like this.  Doors are cheap right ;-)   Why not throw new doors that have the inlaid panel like this on my list of wants, lol.  Christmas is only 5 months away, Dearest Santa...




Yup, and some transom windows to go above three of our entry doors.  A girl can dream, and this one seems to be in la la land right now.




Fireplaces are sometimes an afterthought, so this was exciting to see...


The last picture I wanted to share was the house that I fell in love with.

If I could pick a house, I would choose this one...


Right? IT IS GORGEOUS! I could sit here all day and ogle at it! All that trim work, the porch, the amazing windows, THE COLOR!!! If you just tilt your head a bit to the left, you can see that the side load garage looks like a barn entrance. I know, say no more, hmmm!!!

0 comments:

Post a Comment